It’s a bit chilly out there, but no need to hide under the covers. Welcome the cold months with delicious food to warm your soul.
We’ve been drooling over this simple and healthy comfort breakfast from #tonictribe fitness guru, Judy Chambers. Bon Appetite!
2.5 cups Organic Steel-Cut or Slow-Cooking Oats or Whole Millet
2.5 cups Water, to cover grains
1 tsp. Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar or Fresh Lemon Juice
5 Free-Range Organic Eggs, whisked
1 can of Organic Coconut Milk
0.5 tsp. Unrefined or Celtic Sea Salt
0.5 tsp. Cinnamon, Ginger, or Cardomom
2 cups Fresh or Frozen Berries or Chopped Local Fruit
- Use glass or ceramic baking dish to soak pre-measured amount of oat flakes and water overnight with 1 tsp. of unpasteurized vinegar or fresh lemon juice. Save soak water and DO NOT RINSE oats!
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. In a separate mixing bowl, combine whipped eggs, coconut milk, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Then add liquid whipped mixture to soaked oat mixture in the baking dish. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Top with frozen berries or fresh local chopped fruit. Drizzle or dot oatbake with small chunks of coconut oil or ghee.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until firm in the center and golden around the outside. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with pure maple syrup. Place leftover squars in a Tupperware container and store in the refrigerator.
This oatbake is a great way to start your day! Feel free to add in some of your own flavours as well. Tag #tonictribe to show-off your oatbake creation.